Not all Angus is equal.
According to the Certified Angus Beef ® website ,
“other labels may say Angus, but that's where the similarities end. The difference is in the flavor. And that's where the Certified Angus Beef ® brand sets the bar. Beef must pass 10 stringent quality specifications to earn the brand's premium mark, ensuring you always enjoy flavorful, tender, juicy cuts of beef.”
—Quoted from Certified Angus Beef ®.
Marbling and maturity - the key to flavor
- Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- Medium or fine marbling texture – the white "flecks of flavor" in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as "A" maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
The next three specifications ensure a uniform, consistent steak size:
- 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
- Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- Less than 1-inch fat thickness
And finally, four specifications further ensure the quality appearance and tenderness of the brand:
- Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Exceptional quality from ranch to table
The Certified Angus Beef ® brand is brought to you by generations of cattlemen and women, whose families are dedicated to raising wholesome, high quality beef. They proudly deliver you the very best.
The ten quality standards set the Certified Angus Beef ® brand apart and ensure it's a cut above USDA Prime, Choice and Select. It's abundantly flavorful, incredibly tender, naturally juicy.
Focus on Health
Certified Angus Beef gives you Delicious and nutritious fresh cuts and "ready to cook" items that deliver healthful solutions. To get more information and healthy ideas, download the Certified Angus Beef's Focus on Health PDF below:
- Information courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef ® website.